The Best Western-owned WorldHotels Collection has announced the expansion of its hotel offerings in key travel destinations across Europe and Asia with five new properties.
Highlights of these recent additions to the portfolio include the launch of the brand in Greece, the introduction of the Crafted collection in Spain, a new Elite collection hotel in Amsterdam. and a new hotel in Tokyo. With these new hotels onboarded, the WorldHotels portfolio is on track to grow by 40-50 hotels in 2023.
“WorldHotels is experiencing tremendous momentum this year as we are bringing exciting properties around the world into our portfolio,” said Ron Pohl, President of WorldHotels. “Our hotels bring destinations to life and truly enable our guests to experience the world. As we continue to grow our brand in key markets, we take great pride in welcoming properties that offer authentic, unique experiences while providing the highest levels of service and amenities.”
The latest additions to the portfolio include:
1. The Sofraga Palacio, Spain, Crafted collection: A 4-star hotel with 27 luxurious and unique bedrooms and suites, the Sofraga Palacio in the historical city of Avila was a part of the extensive restoration of the original 16th-century Palacio. The first Crafted collection hotel in Spain, the property maintains its historical architecture while offering every modern comfort and convenience. Located just 100 meters from Avila City Hall, the Sofraga Palacio is near popular points of interest and every room offers views of the Palacio and surrounding area, with some also overlooking the famous Avila Romanic Wall and the Cathedral.
2. Luxury Suites Amsterdam, Netherlands, Elite collection: The first WorldHotels Elite collection hotel in the city, Luxury Suites Amsterdam is located on a secluded island in the heart of the old city overlooking the Oudeschans Canal. This prime location for the luxurious 25-suite hotel offers guests the perfect balance between the capital city’s rich history and the vibrancy of modern Amsterdam.
3. Makedonia Palace, Greece, Luxury collection:Located on Thessaloniki’s unique seafront, the landmark Makedonia Palace Hotel has recently joined the WorldHotels Luxury collection as the brand’s first hotel in Greece. Highlights of this property include the largest traditional hammam in Greece, an outdoor swimming pool on the seafront, a fitness center and sauna facilities.
4. b’mine Dusseldorf, Germany, Crafted collection: b’mine Dusseldorf will follow the lead of its sister hotel, b’mine Frankfurt Airport, in joining the Crafted collection in April 2023. An exclusive design hotel, b’mine Dusseldorf will offer 202 rooms with high-quality furnishings, three rooftop terraces, The Roof Restaurant Bar and Lounge and large conference venues. A highlight of a stay at b’mine Dusseldorf will be the opportunity for guests to experience the patented CarLoft concept, allowing visitors to take their vehicle with them to the terrace in front of their room.
5. Villa Fontaine Premier Haneda Airport, Tokyo, Elite collection: Travelers looking for a premium luxury experience in close proximity to the airport will enjoy one of the 160 guest rooms and suites at the Villa Fontaine Premier Haneda Airport. Each of the six different room layouts aims to provide guests with a relaxing aesthetic, decorated to reflect the ambiance of traditional Japanese beauty. Highlights of this property include Restaurant Izumi Tenku with panoramic views of Mt. Fuji and a scenic natural hot spring where travelers can relax and unwind after a long day of traveling.