Swiss ski resort Verbier has been named World’s Best Ski Resort at the 10th annual World Ski Awards, held in Kitzbuhel in Austria.
Verbier took the top honour at the awards for the second year running.
The World Ski Awards were established to highlight excellence in the ski tourism sector, with the awards voted on by ski travel, tourism and hospitality brands, ski consumers and ski industry professionals.
Verbier was also celebrating with W Verbier picking up the World’s Best Ski Hotel award.
“We would like to thank all the destination’s partners who make Verbier live and shine internationally and without whom this award would not have been given to us,” said the director of Verbier Tourism, Simon Wiget.
“This victory is that of the entire destination, of the shopkeepers, hoteliers and other professionals of Verbier and the Val de Bagnes.
“It is also that of our daily ambassadors, the secondary and annual residents, the seasonal workers and our loyal customers.”
France won big in the newcomer categories of the awards – Bear Lodge, Les Arcs awarded World’s Best New Ski Hotel and Val d’Isere’s Chalet Abade named World’s Best New Ski Chalet.
Lake Louise, meanwhile, was voted top ski resort in Canada.
Some of the other awards included:
– Chalet Zermatt Peak claimed ‘World’s Best Ski Chalet’.
– Stein Eriksen Residences in Utah took ‘World’s Best Ski Boutique Hotel’.
– LAAX in Switzerland was named ‘World’s Best Freestyle Resort’.
– Ski Dubai picked up ‘World’s Best Indoor Ski Resort’.
– Leo Trippi was voted ‘World’s Best Ski Travel Agent’.
– Sunweb won ‘World’s Best Ski Tour Operator’.
– Tesla Transfers collected the title for ‘World’s Best Ski Transfer Operator’.
– LAAX’s rocksresort took the title of ‘World’s Best Green Ski Hotel’.
– Northern Escape Heli-Skiing, from British Columbia was ‘World’s Best Heli-Ski Operator’.
– Compagnie des Alpes gained the award for ‘World’s Best Ski Resort Group’.
– Bergbahn AG Kitzbühel was named ‘World’s Best Ski Resort Company’.