This week’s #TravelTipTuesday comes from Fiona Foster at The Travel Corporation. Lisbon was her last trip before lockdown and, according to Fiona, is a city break not to be missed by any age group!
- This city is built on a large slope – be prepared for a lot of uphill walking, so comfortable shoes are advised.
- There is a metro from the airport but uber is super cheap – about €10. I would recommend Uber for travelling to Sintra too, as they can leave you right up to the palace and when you are finished you will find a nice spot in the sunshine for some food and drinks in the village. The train makes the journey so much longer.
- LX Factory do a great weekend market for clothing, art and other cool stalls and well worth a visit. Some great concept stores and bar options also. LX Factory roof bar has great views over the bridge and worth a stop. If you are into gin try a Sharish gin & tonic garnished with apple & cinnamon, or just hang out with the cool kids!
- Food for thought – Prado Restaurant is my favourite meal in Lisbon. Such interesting food, I had mushroom Ice Cream! Great wine selection. Definitely book this one in advance. A lot of restaurants don’t take bookings, so rock up put your name down and they will serve you a drink while you wait outside. Locals tend to eat later so to avoid the queues go around 7pm. Check out A Cevicheria, which is getting a lot of rave reviews if you like seafood; and Tapisco, a Spanish tapas bar -I loved both!
- At night this city is buzzing, but my favourite night cap spot was a bar called Foxtrot which was like a speakeasy and a great way to finish a log days sightseeing.
But whatever you do put Lisbon on your list for a city break when we can travel again!