Lanzarote is the top destination for Irish holiday makers for summer 2022, according to Ryanair.
The airline has revealed its top holiday destinations for summer.
1. Lanzarote: always a popular choice, Lanzarote continues to welcome flocks of Irish holidaymakers year after year. Enjoy its golden sand beaches, crystal clear waters, authentic Spanish tapas while taking in its unique volcanic landscape.
2. Tenerife: the largest of the Canary Islands famed for its diversity of landscape and great weather all year round. The island has many natural wonders and traditional towns full of culture to explore this summer.
3. Fuerteventura: a famous holiday destination boasting white sandy beaches interrupted by cliffs and sheltered coves. A popular spot for adventure-filled tourists to enjoy water sports from surfing, windsurfing and water skiing.
4. Gran Canaria: a hiker’s paradise. This diverse, mountainous island is known for its black lava and white sand beaches. Culture vultures are equally catered for in the ancient capital of Las Palmas, with its historic architecture and enviable shopping and foodie options.
5. Santorini: arguably the most beautiful of all the Greek islands, Santorini’s stunning caldera poses as the ultimate centrepiece, offering the most amazing views of rugged landscapes and the whitewashed cubiform houses overlooking the sea and beaches consisting of black, red and white lava pebbles.