Irish Travel Trade News has announced that the 25th Silver Jubilee Irish Travel Trade Awards will comprise 26 award categories and that this year’s Voter’s Prize will be a seven-night tour in India.
The award categories (see full list below) include a new category of ‘Best Adventure Holiday Tour Operator’ and a re-introduced ‘Best River Cruise Company’.
All staff working for a licensed and bonded travel agency anywhere on the island of Ireland will be eligible to vote and all fully completed, eligible Voting Forms received will be entered into a prize draw for a seven-night Classic Golden Triangle tour in India, courtesy of G Adventures, Sunway and ITTN.
This compact Indian journey will introduce the winner to three very different northern cities and the colourful rural life of Rajasthan. From the hectic pace of Delhi with its bustling markets, magnificent monuments, and colonial past, travel by private transport to Agra and the mesmerising beauty of the Taj Mahal – truly one of the New7Wonders of the World. Discover why Jaipur is called the ‘Pink City’ and get a taste of village life in Abhaneri with its magnificent stepwells. Photographers and culture lovers will not be disappointed on this classic adventure.
* Enjoy a walking tour around modern and ancient Delhi
* Revel in the Mughal magnificence of the Taj Mahal in Agra and Fatephur Sikri
* Explore the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur and its palace
* Visit rural villages and historic forts
- Arrival transfer included through the G Adventures-supported Women on Wheels project
- Walking tour with a guide from the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Street kids Project
- Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, and Connaught Place
- Agra Fort visit
- Taj Mahal visit
- Fatephur Sikri visit
- Village stay in Dhula
- I’timad-ud-daulah (Baby Taj) entrance
- Jaipur City Palace entrance and guided tours
- Amber Fort
- Abhaneri stepwell visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Accommodations: Hotels (6 nights), Village stay (1 night). Accommodation provided on a shared room basis.
- Transportation: Private vehicle, taxis, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw. (Flights are not included.)
- Staff and experts: Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides
- ‘My Own Room’ and ‘My Own Tent’ options
- Transfers, Theme Packs and any in-country fees or charges
- Meals: No meals included. Allow €170 – €220 for meals
Terms & Conditions
Prize is the tour only and for one person for seven nights on the G Adventure Classic Golden Triangle trip (AHGT) in India. Accommodation will be on a shared basis but a My Own Room option is available at an additional cost.
Prize will only be approved on tours with a minimum of four full paying passengers and is subject to both availability and there being no more than two discounted places per departure.
Normal cancellation and amendment fees apply. G Adventures reserves the right to withhold discount.
Prize is subject to availability and must be booked by 31st December 2016 for travel before 31st July 2017. Prize must be booked on a mutually agreed date, is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Winner must hold valid travel insurance for the holiday duration. Failure to attend for any reason whatsoever on the travel dates agreed and booked does not entitle the winner to an alternative prize and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
Holiday must be booked directly with Sunway head office, Marina House, Clarence Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin, T: 01 231 1800. To redeem prize contact Grainne Caffrey: [email protected]
2016 AWARD CATEGORIES
Best Airline to Europe
Best Airline to North America
Best Long Haul Airline
Best Business Class Airline
Best Europe Destination
Best Americas Destination
Best Middle East / Africa Destination
Best Asia / Pacific Destination
Best Sun Destination
Best Ferry Company
Best Cruise Company
Best Luxury Cruise Company
Best River Cruise Company
Best Car Rental Company
Best Rail Company
TRAVEL AGENCY SERVICES
Best National Tourist Office
Best Accommodation Provider
Best Travel Technology Provider
Best Travel Insurance Company
Best Sun Holiday Tour Operator
Best Ski Tour Operator
Best Adventure Holiday Tour Operator
Best Long Haul Tour Operator
Best Agent Friendly Individual
Best Agent Friendly Company