News

Carnival to Let Limited Number of Kids on Cruises

Carnival to Let Limited Number of Kids on Cruises

Carnival Cruise Line will allow a small number of unvaccinated children on its cruises this summer – but they’ll need to be tested and wear masks.

Carnival’s summer cruise plan is to sail with 95 per cent of guests fully vaccinated, with the remaining 5 per cent made up of under-12s, who don’t have to be.

However, they will have to be tested for COVID-19 and they will be subject to mask requirements and other restrictions.

The company had originally said that only vaccinated passengers would be allowed on board.

Carnival will debut its season with a 3 July sailing aboard Carnival Vista from Galveston, Texas. It will sail to Cozumel and Mahogany Bay, Belize.

Carnival has yet to announce details of its sailings from Miami, but the company’s vaccination policy will fall foul of a new Florida law prohibiting businesses from requiring proof of vaccination.

Click to add a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Fionn Davenport is the editor-in-chief of the ITTN group, including ITTN and ITTN Ireland. He's one of Ireland's best-known travel journalists and writers, with nearly 30 years' experience writing guidebooks for Lonely Planet and others.

More in News

Lanzarote Loses Green Status as Canaries Raise Covid Threat Levels

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

Doha Overtakes Dubai as Busiest Airport in Middle East

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

Bookabed’s National Travel Agents Day Rewards

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

Intrepid Travel Launches Cornwall Fam Competition for National Travel Agent Day 2021

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

Croatia Adds testing Requirement for Vaccinated Visitors from Northern Ireland

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

LA’s Hottest New Hangout is the Very Cool Pendry West Hollywood

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

WTM London Opens Registration for Hybrid Event

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

Ryanair Busiest European Airline with over 2,000 Flights in the Past Week

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

Venice Avoids Designation as Unesco Heritage Site in Danger

Fionn DavenportJuly 23, 2021

Copyright © 2021 ittn