Voting for the 23rd Irish Travel Trade Awards, the travel industry’s ‘Oscars’, is now open online at www.grantthornton.ie/irishtraveltradeawards – and eligible voters could win an ex-Dublin holiday for two in a 4-star hotel in Malta. Voting will close on Friday 14th November 2014.
The winners of the 23rd annual Irish Travel Trade Awards will be presented with their trophies at the Irish Travel Industry Christmas Party on Friday 28th November 2014 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin (formerly the Burlington Hotel), Dublin 4.
All staff working for a licensed and bonded travel agency anywhere on the island of Ireland are eligible to vote (see Regulations below) and your completed Voting Form must be returned directly to Grant Thornton, at www.grantthornton.ie/irishtraveltradeawards, no later than Friday 14th November 2014.
WIN A TRIP TO MALTA: All fully completed, eligible Voting Forms received will be entered into a prize draw for two return flights ex-Dublin to Malta, plus accommodation for three or four nights (depending on flight schedules) in a 4-star hotel, in 2015 (closed out periods apply), courtesy of the Malta Tourism Authority and Irish Travel Trade News.
AWARD CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS: You are asked to nominate your ‘Best Supplier’ in each of the following 23 award categories. Please read the award category descriptions provided on the Voting Form carefully and ensure that all your 23 preferences are entered – you will then be eligible to win the Malta holiday prize.
Best Airline to Europe
Best Airline to North America
Best Long Haul Airline
Best Business Class Airline
Best Car Rental Company
Best Rail Company
Best Ferry Company
Best Cruise Company (3/4 Star)
Best Cruise Company (5/6 Star)
Best River Cruise Company
Best Europe Destination
Best Americas Destination
Best Middle East / Africa Destination
Best Asia / Pacific Destination
Best Worldwide Sun Destination
TRAVEL AGENCY SERVICES:
Best National Tourist Office
Best Accommodation Provider
Best Travel Technology Provider
Best Sun Holiday Tour Operator
Best Ski Tour Operator
Best Specialist Tour Operator
Best Long Haul Tour Operator
Best Agent Friendly Supplier
1. Voting is confined to owners, management, staff and home workers of licensed and bonded travel agencies in Ireland (North and South).
2. You may vote online, by email, fax, or post.
3. Voting Forms must be validated with your travel agency licence number.
4. Only one Voting Form per person and a maximum of 10 Voting Forms per licence number are permitted. If more Voting Forms than permitted are received, the first 10 eligible Voting Forms received per licence number will be accepted.
5. No agency can vote for any company or organisation by which it is owned in whole or in part, or for which it is a dedicated franchise outlet.
6. No agency can vote for any destination, company, product or service for which the agency is an officially appointed representative on a wholesale / GSA basis in Ireland, North or South.
7. The closing date for receipt of Voting Forms is Friday 14th November 2014.
8. Voting Forms and nominations must be sent directly to, and will be independently administered and audited by, Grant Thornton. Decisions of the auditor are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding any aspect of the Irish Travel Trade Awards 2014.